August 15, 2016

    It's raining with a change of rain, with a chance of humidity, which leaves my curly headed self with a chronic case of the bad hair days. It's bad when your fiance even points out your hair woes. As a woman, we are very aware of any flaw, whether it be frizzy hair, or the smallest difference in our winged liner. Men, please practice the if you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all, clause here. We know our hair looks as if it's been used as a tumble weed stunt double. We understand that after we've attempted to tame it, it looks similar to a Texas beauty pageant contestant's hair piece after a gallon of Aquanet. We understand.

Friday.... Getting off work starts my weekend. Even if it's 5PM and hotter than a mofo and I'm forced into standing outside in my office wear while Penny and RJ jump merrily on the trampoline at Joshua's mom's house. I was hot, whatever, they are adorable.

    We tried out a new to us Mexican restaurant Friday night and it was super "meh." Our food was great, but I was ridiculously uncomfortable the entire meal. The booth we sat at was much lower than the table, there wasn't a light above our booth like the other booths. Food was pretty good, but we won't be returning.

here you see the worst selfie ever, as I attempted to get my face and the restaurant in the same shot, FAIL
Saturday.... We spent the morning shopping for the men's wear side of the wedding. My brother has THE smallest waist I have ever seen in my life. We ended up finally finding something they could all wear, but it was rough.

    After the shopping, we were all pretty hangry and we headed to my favorite place, Baja West Coast Kitchen. I had two avocado tacos, with black beans, mango salsa, cabbage, and avocado lime sauce.

    Post taco consumption, we headed to my Aunt's for my cousins very late graduation party. The afternoon weather was pretty emotional. Alternating between rain, thunder and sun the entire party. Regardless, it was a great time and I'm so proud of my baby cousin!

    We got home around 8 pm. I bathed the emotional no nap all day two year old, and Joshua fell asleep on the couch. We had borrowed my mom's copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and I wasn't tired, so I thought, what the heck. I started reading, and I never stopped. When I realized I was over half way finished, I started to get a little sleeping. I got up, made a pot of coffee. I was seriously that good. I told myself I would be finishing it, and I did, a little after midnight. I cried nearly the entire book. That book was so needed. There were a few aspects during the Harry Potter series I wished had been a little different, or I wished had played out differently. This book fulfilled all of those things, and my childhood feels so complete now. Read it. NOW!

Sunday.... I actually woke up pretty chipper for not getting to bed at a decent hour. I put the babe down for a nap late morning, and left her and Joshua at home while I ran a few errands.

We did the typical visit to his parent's house, and watched some Olympics coverage. It rained all day long, so it was a pretty chill afternoon for the most part.

What did you do over the weekend? 

You Might Also Like


Thanks for stopping by! I love getting to know new people so please leave your link and/or site below. Please no "Follow for follow" comments. They will be deleted.