Mommy Monday: Ten Thankful ThingsDecember 01, 2014
It feels so good to be back at this desk, pecking away at this keyboard, releasing all of the thoughts I had in my head over Thanksgiving break. Despite one stuffy baby, we had an excellent holiday, with more love and family than I knew what to do with. It's sad that it takes a holiday to remind you how great the people are in your life. Not that I didn't know per-say. But life just gets busy sometimes and we tend to forget.
Ten Thankful Things
1. Penelope Claire. I cannot believe how fast the first year of her life is going. She surprises me every day. It's amazing how much we understand each other.
2. My relationship. One day I know I'll call him my husband. Though most people already think we're married. Partially due to the fact that I refuse to call him my "boyfriend." To me it's an awful word that symbolizes adolescence and "flings." He's not a fling to me. He his much more than a label could ever give him. We call each other "love" for now. Until the day comes that we can call each other husband and wife.
3. My Job. With thousands out of work, I know I am truly blessed to even have a job. Let alone a job I'm actually happy at. These people are amazing and I never truly dread the week.
4. My siblings. I don't know the person I'd be if I'd been an only child. Between the fights, hugs, and memories, these two seriously make my life a better place.
5. Food. Do I really need to explain why I'm thankful for this one?
6. My flaws. From my stretch marks, to my crooked tooth I truly love everything that's "wrong" with me. These things remind me that I'm real. They make me the one of a kind person I am.
7. Pets. My kitties, my lizards, and my tortoise. They can cheer me up on a glum day.
8. Blog. Of course I'm thankful for this! I can't even begin to describe how great it is to make friends with people I'd other wise never have the privilege of meeting. Each and every one of you has an amazing story. I'm so blessed to be able to share mine with you.
9. Health. I am breathing. I am free of illness. I am able to get up every day.
10. Family. After all, they inspired this very post. Being surrounded by all of them throughout the last four days really opened my eyes to the love I have in my life. There's always someone. Someone always wants to help. Someone's always there. I couldn't ask for a better life. Don't be fooled. I'm not trying to make us sound like the Brady bunch. Of course we have our flaws. We argue about the dumbest of things, and constantly talk over each other. But that's what families do. We all love each other unconditionally; the best way a family can.
How was your holiday?
What are you thankful for?
Name your favorite part of the Thanksgiving holiday.